(Taken from George Stella’s, Livin’ Low Carb: Family Recipes Stella Style)
Yield: 4 servings
Net Carbohydrates: 4g per serving
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 6 minutes
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon chicken base or bouillon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh or dried chives, for garnish
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Clean and cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in the boiling water for about 6 minutes, until well done.
3. Drain well. Do not let cool. Pat the cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels (or clean hand towel). If too wet your “potatoes” will fall apart.
4. With an immersion blender in a deep bowl or I a food processor, pulse the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, chicken base, and salt and pepper until almost smooth.
5. Garnish with chives and serve hot with pats of butter if desired.